Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Prayer to Accept Jesus as Savior

Prayer for Salvation



Prayer for Salvation
is the next step
when you decide that you want to get right with God
and go to heaven when you die.

If you want more in-depth understanding than this page,
please visit our Explaining Salvation page.

Salvation Scriptures


"For all have sinned and come short
of the glory of God."
Romans 3:23

"For the wages of sin is death;
but the gift of God
is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 6:23

"For God so loved the world
that he gave his only begotten son
that whoever believes in him
shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

Jesus said,
"I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man comes to the Father, but by me."
John 14:6


The way to heaven is through Jesus Christ


What must you do to be saved?

We must believe: that Jesus died for our sins, and that he arose from the grave.

We must ask Jesus to forgive us for our sins.
And
We must accept Jesus as our Savior and our Lord.
~
When Jesus is your Lord, then you seek
to make decisions based on the Bible
which is God's Word.
~

A Prayer for Salvation
A Prayer to Accept Jesus as Savior

Dear Heavenly Father,
I believe that Jesus died for me.
I believe that Jesus paid for my sins on the cross.
I believe that Jesus rose from the dead.
I ask you to forgive me of my sins. I ask you to wash me clean of all sin.
I put my faith and trust in Jesus as my only hope for living eternally with you in heaven.
I ask Jesus to be my Savior and my Lord. I want to live my life for Christ.
I understand that my salvation is not based on my works but on the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.
Thank you for saving me!
Amen!

Note that the Prayer of Salvation
is often called the Sinners Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment